Attack victim suffered 47 injuries
A MAN was left with 47 injuries after being set upon by up to 10 people in a pub.
The 40-year-old victim was at the bar of The Bell pub, in Sunderland Road, Horden, when police say he was hit over the head with a bottle and kicked while he was on the floor.
A 25-year-old from Shotton Colliery was charged with a public order offence following the incident, which happened around 9pm on Sunday.
A 42-year-old from Wingate was cautioned for possession of cocaine after he was searched as part of the police investigation into the assault.
A man in his early 20s, from Stockton, was arrested for a public order offence, but released with no further action.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call Peterlee CID on 101.
- Tyne-Wear derby hero David Vaughan to leave Sunderland for Crystal Palace
- Sunderland owner wears anti-Newcastle United badge to meet Tanzanian president
- Resident warned police and politicians of dangerous Hartlepool junction before fatal smash
- Newcastle’s Steven Taylor “excited” with Kinnear appointment
- Joe Kinnear puts defender FC Twente and Brazil defender Douglas on transfer list
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Peterlee
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 10 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South east