Grill fire drama
FIREFIGHTERS were called after food left unattended on a grill started smoking.
Crews from Stranton Fire Station were called to a house in Catcote Road, Hartlepool, at 6.30pm on Tuesday after reports of an oven on fire.
Fire chiefs say a woman, who was inside the house with her two daughters at the time, noticed the smoke and turned the oven off and put a tea towel over the grill.
There were two fire alarms fitted inside the property, but one was not working and one had fallen down.
Fire chiefs say the incident could have been worse if the woman had not noticed the smoke.
● To book a free Home Fire Safety visit call (01429) 874063.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Peterlee
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west