Top cop in the saddle for charity ride
A CHIEF constable has taken part in a charity cycling tour visiting police stations on his patch to mark his retirement later this year.
Chief Constable Jon Stoddart, of Durham Police, organised the 121-mile Tour de Force event which saw him and a 16-strong team of fellow officers and civilian workers stop at all 12 principal police stations in the force area, including Peterlee Police Station.
The trip, held on Saturday, was to raise funds for Durham Agency Against Crime (Daac) – on which Mr Stoddart is a board member – and also the Women v Cancer cause.
The cyclists hope to raise around £4,000.
- Tyne-Wear derby hero David Vaughan to leave Sunderland for Crystal Palace
- Sunderland owner wears anti-Newcastle United badge to meet Tanzanian president
- Resident warned police and politicians of dangerous Hartlepool junction before fatal smash
- Newcastle’s Steven Taylor “excited” with Kinnear appointment
- Joe Kinnear puts defender FC Twente and Brazil defender Douglas on transfer list
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Peterlee
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 10 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: East