Two hurt in A19 crash
TWO people had to be cut from a Renault Megane car after it smashed into a lamp-post on the A19.
A man was airlifted to hospital with a number of fractures while a female passenger was rushed by ambulance to hospital with suspected spinal injuries.
The southbound carriageway between Peterlee and Wingate was closed by police for around two hours after the crash, at around 10.30am on Sunday.
A crew from Peterlee Fire Station had to cut the man and the woman out of the car.
The man was then airlifted by the Great North Air Ambulance to James Cook University Hospital, in Middlesbrough, while the woman was taken by road ambulance to the University Hospital of North Tees, in Stockton.
A Great North Air Ambulance spokesman said a doctor was on board to give the man treatment on the way to the hospital.
- Di Canio has ‘big plans’ for Sunderland’s pre-season
- Newcastle Utd boss admits interest in bringing Liverpool’s Carroll home
- SAFC loan star Danny Rose returns to Spurs for surgery
- Hartlepool death crash driver may have been making u-turn
- Alan Pardew hits out at rubbish Newcastle United stories after win at QPR
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Peterlee
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North