Sunderland striker Ji Dong-won can have a great Korea says Martin O’Neill
MARTIN O’Neill has told South Koreans that Ji Dong-won has the ability to make it as a Premier League player in England.
But he says that the young international prospect needs to develop physically, if he is fully deliver on his potential.
Speaking at the launch of the Peace Cup in Suwon yesterday, he addressed local interest in the 21-year-old striker, by saying: “He has what it takes to succeed.
“Ji is technically a very, very good player.
“He has to come to terms with the physical element of the English game - that’s the real challenge facing him.
“But if he rise to that challenge then he can go on to become a very, very good Premier League player for us.
“What I can say though is that he’s adapting well and it’s up to him now.
“It really is up to him.
“At the moment he is away with the Olympic team due to perform in London, but he sends his regards to everyone in South Korea and I’m sure he’ll be cheering Sunderland on in the Peace Cup.”
- Liverpool in advanced talks for duo as Newcastle target Bent has £8m price tag slapped on his head
- Borussia Dortmund’s big-money move for Sunderland’s Ji Dong-won
- Derek Llambias polarised opinion during his time at Newcastle United
- Newcastle’s fixture list for 2013/2014
- Sunderland owner wears anti-Newcastle United badge to meet Tanzanian president
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Peterlee
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South east
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North